Near Me is a video consulting service that allows people to have health and social care appointments from home or wherever is convenient.
All you need to access Near me is a device for making video calls like a smartphone and an internet connection. Near Me is a secure form of video consulting approved for use by the Scottish Government and NHS Scotland.
For more information and guidance on how to use Near me, visit nearme.scot.
Steps to Take
- Please click on your desired "Attend Anywhere" clinic button below.
- Click the "Start video call" button.
- You will then be taken to a virtual waiting room and music will play to show that you have successfully entered the room. Your clinician will know that you have arrived and you are waiting.
- When your clinician is ready to start the consultation, they will join you on the screen and the consultation will proceed exactly as if you are in a surgery or clinic room. Your clinician will be able to show you documents and resources, just as if you were sitting across a desk. If your clinician decides that a face to face appointment is necessary, this will then be arranged in the usual way.
Attend Anywhere is completely confidential and secure. Your call cannot be accessed by anyone else. Your clinician will be in a private room, just as if they were meeting you face to face.
We strongly advise you to plan your call so that you are in a quiet room too, so that you can hear everything that is said and to ensure that your privacy is protected.
At the end of the consultation, an short questionnaire will appear on the screen, asking about your experience with Attend Anywhere. We welcome your feedback so please take a couple of minutes to complete it if you can. Attend Anywhere provides a real opportunity to improve services to our patients, reducing unnecessary travel and risks of delay due to weather or transport issues, and all comments are welcome.
Health Centres & Non-Doctor Islands
NHS Shetland Specialist Clinics & Services
- Adult Autism Pathway
- Adult Mental Health
- ARI Gastro Outpatients (NHS Grampian)
- Baby Follow Up Service
- Children and Young People
- Childrens Occupational Therapy
- Childrens Physiotherapy
- Chronic Pain Clinic
- Continence Advisory Service
- Dementia Clinic
- Diabetes Clinic
- Dietetics Clinic
- General Medical Clinic
- General Surgery
- Gestational Diabetes
- Health Improvement
- HENRY - Healthy Families Right from the Start
- IBD Service
- Infant Feeding Support
- Infection Control
- Intermediate Care Team
- MacMillan Nurses Clinic
- Maxillofacial Service
- Neurology Clinic
- Occupational Health
- Occupational Therapy (Community)
- Occupational Therapy (Hospital)
- Orthotics Clinic
- Patient Visitors
- Pharmacy Services
- Pre-Op Assessment
- Psychological Therapies
- Sexual Health Clinic
- Shetland Fertility Clinic
- Sleep Clinic (NHS Shetland)
- Sleep Diagnostics & Sleep Apnoea (NHS Grampian)
- Speech & Language
- Spiritual Care
- Substance Misuse Recovery Service
- Sexual Assault Recovery Centre
- Urgent Care