NHS Shetland is responsible for health care for a population of around 23,000. Board objectives are:
- To continue to improve and protect the health of the people of Shetland
- To provide quality, effective and safe services, delivered in the most appropriate setting for the patient
- To redesign services where appropriate, in partnership, to ensure a modern sustainable local health service
- To provide best value for resources and deliver financial balance
- To ensure sufficient organisational capacity and resilience
Chief Executive Brian Chittick has clearly set out his priorities in post which you can read here.
Our Vision is that by 2025 everyone is supported in their community to live longer, healthier lives and we will have reduced health inequalities.