For a speedy recovery, self care is the best option when you have a minor illness or injury.
A well-stocked medicine cabinet means you'll receive the right treatment immediately.
A basic first-aid kit should include:
- Plasters of assorted sizes
- Sterile non-adhesive eye dressings and other dressings of assorted sizes
- Non-absorbent cotton wool
- Triangular bandage
- Safety pins
- Thermometer (preferably the forehead type for children)
- Antiseptic cream and liquid
- Adhesive tape
- Support bandages
- Disposable gloves
You can find out more about illnesses, health related services and what to keep in your medicine cabinet by visiting NHS Inform.