Welcome to the Bain's Bairns Unit.
The Child Health Department is located on the Ground Floor of Gilbert Bain Hospital. To access the department enter through the Gilbertson Road entrance turn into the car park and it's immediately on your right.
The unit opened in 2002 and was named by children from Whalsay. The unit provides outpatient services to children in Shetland aged 0-16 years old or older if a young person has special needs.
What happens here?
- Child Health clinics
- Visiting paediatric clinics
- Child development clinics
- Paediatric diabetic / endocrine clinics
- Paediatric gastroenterology clinic
- Paediatric surgical clinics
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy