Macmillan Nursing are located in the Gilbert Bain Hospital. If visiting the department please ask at the GBH Reception.
What Do We Do?
- Give advice and support to cancer patients, their carers and relatives
- Give chemotherapy locally in Shetland via a nurse led chemotherapy service
- Act as a liaison between Shetland, Aberdeen and other hospitals for Shetland patients being treated on the mainland
- Give advice and support to medical, nursing and other professional staff on cancer and palliative care
- Teach medical, nursing, professional and other agency staff
People can refer themselves to the Macmillan Nursing Department but patients usually get referred by:
- Nursing Specialists
- Nursing and Medical staff from Shetland and Aberdeen